- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add stick cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Add the chicken now if using.
- Stir and cook approximately 10 minutes or until chicken are cooked.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 30 sec before adding the tomatoes.
- Add the chick peas and some salt.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes till the chick peas are cooked.
- Add the turmeric, chili powder and garam masala and sauté for another couple of minutes.
- Add in the cooked rice and mix it up well the cooked chick peas.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm.
CHICK PEA RICE
CHICK PEA RICE Having canned chick peas on hand is quite useful for a quick and easy meal. When using canned chick peas, you don't even have to cook for long. To make rice using chick peas doesn't take much time at all. I like to add chopped pieces of boneless chicken for a filing meal for the kids. I don't use much chili powder but to make an adult version, go ahead and increase the amount of chili powder and add some chopped green chilies to spice it up. [caption id="attachment_615" align="aligncenter" width="768"] Chick Pea Rice[/caption] Ingredients: 2 cups of cooked rice 1 tin of canned chick peas 1 onion, chopped 1 tomato, chopped 2 sticks cinnamon 3 cardamom pods Salt to taste ½ teaspoon ginger and garlic paste ½ teaspoon chili powder Pinch of turmeric ½ teaspoon garam masala ½ teaspoon jeera powder 2 teaspoons oil Small pieces of boneless chicken Chopped dhanya leaves for garnish Method: